Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A Reason to Be Thankful


It is the end of the year.

This is always a time for reflection, a time for evaluation, a time we set aside to express thanksgiving and a time to celebrate the holidays with friends and family.

As I reflect back upon 2010, my mind is filled with thanksgiving for the wonderful blessings God has bestowed upon me and my family.

Time and space would not permit me to list each and every friend, colleague and family member who has meant so much this year, but suffice to say, I am an extremely blessed man.

Life and circumstances can, if allowed, rob you of a thankful heart.

The original sin in the Garden of Eden was un-thankfulness, so it is with a thankful heart that I write such seemingly insufficient words, a simple thank you.

You see, I have so many reasons to be thankful!

Thankfulness originates from the heart and then opens our eyes to the beauties of nature and the richness of friendships we hold most dear.

I am so thankful for every person God has allowed to walk into my life.

I am a blessed man and a thankful man for the many influences I have had.

I am blessed with a wonderful family, both immediate and extended, I am blessed with wonderful friendships and relationships, I am blessed to know God and to be allowed to walk with him, and I am blessed and overwhelmed by his mercy, by his grace and by his love.

You see, I really do have so many reasons to be thankful!

Do you have a reason to be thankful?

We ALL have so many reasons, more than can possibly be listed.
To every person in my life, I say thank you.

Thank you for being who you are, thank you for being what you are. Thank you most of all for being a part of my life and for allowing me to be a part of yours!

Thanks for reading the ramblings once again of a pair of Cheeks in Owasso! God bless!

3 comments:

  1. I too am thankful! I am thankful you remembered you have a blog and decided to Post.

    I am so glad you are a voice in my world. I am richer man today than I was when we first met, much of that wealth is in knowing you all and your influence in our lives... believing God to finish what He has started ...

    Happy Holidays.

    I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bro & Sis Cheek, This has reminded me of one of the many things I have to be thankful for, and that is having the Cheeks as our dearest and best friends. Thank you for all the fun times, and all your kindness. Where would we be without you? I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH!!!!
    Pattie Meyers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awh, good post Bro Cheek. My life definitely has been enriched since I met the Cheeks :) In more ways then I can count. Love you guys and very thankful for ya!

    Lashel

    ReplyDelete