Thursday, March 31, 2011

A Wonderful Time!

Last week, my wife and I were privileged to be a part of the Oklahoma District United Pentecostal Church District Ministers Conference in Oklahoma City, OK. It was a high honor for us to be able to meet the wonderful men of the Oklahoma District Board and for them to unanimously extend to us a General License as a member of the United Pentecostal Church International.


Having been born and raised in the United Pentecostal Church here in Oklahoma, I have very fond and strong memories of my experiences throughout the years with the Oklahoma District.


On both sides of my family, roots run very deep in the United Pentecostal Church. When I was adopted by my parents, Harvey and Zalia Cheek in 1976, we attended Rev. E.G. Bass' church in Tulsa, Oklahoma until my father's passing in 1981. My mother would then remarry and we would begin to attend Rev. Carl Ecker's church on North Lewis Avenue in Tulsa. It was in that church that I would later receive the Holy Ghost and be baptized in the glorious, saving name of Jesus in September of 1987.


I can recall with great detail the wonderful youth camps of the early nineteen nineties, when as a young man, I began to first feel the call of God on my life, and the deep desire to do a work for him. Since those days, God has opened many doors for us to walk through, and all of them have been a blessing as they have led us to where we are today.


It is with great excitement that we look forward to the future and our further involvement with Oklahoma District United Pentecostal Church. We believe that God has great things in store for us as a family, as a church and as an Apostolic movement here in Oklahoma, nationally and abroad.


It is a high honor to be a part of God's great church and to work for the Kingdom of God and the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!


Thanks for reading the thoughts of one who is very blessed and thankful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment